If the river Rhone is the spine of Geneva the ‘rade’ is certainly the best known face with its water spout, the jet d’eau, sparkling fountain of white foam.
The Jet D’eau
It was given its current location in the ‘Rade of Geneva’ in 1891. Powered by a pumping station sending 500 litres 140 meters into the air at 200 km/hour. www.geneve-tourisme.ch
The Palais des Nations
Seat of the united nations since 1946, located in heart of a large wooded parc overlooking the lake, it’s the second largest United Nations site after New York.
Yvoire on the banks of Lake Geneva
Medieval Village, Yvoire was the home of a ducal manor during the reign of Amedeus V, count of Savoy who decided to build an impregnable fortress there during the XIVth century. It’s well worth while to wander the lanes which run down to the lakeside.
Yvoire village of flowers
This village is today a member of the Association of the most beautiful villages of France, and celebrated its 700th anniversary in 2006.
Yvoire, the garden of 5 senses
Restored according to the art of gardens of the middle ages, the labyrinth offers an initiation for the body and soul : fruit trees, medicinal and aromatic plants, old roses, green cloister, fountains, are together an enchantment.